Saturday, November 13, 2010

I've Updated the Blog with Products

If you haven't noticed, I have updated my blog again. This time I've added a few pages of products and books. Each page can be accessed via the tabs at the top of the blog.

I have included my favorite products. I have not included any products that I haven't tried, haven't used, or don't have on my current supply shelf.

I want you to feel comfortable with the products that I recommend, as I wouldn't want you to buy something that you will be unsatisfied with. I, also, do not want you to buy something that could be potentially harmful for your pet reptile, nor do I want you to waste your money on something unnecessary.

When choosing what products I wanted to included, it was a hard choice, as there are many great products that I like and would recommend.

A few tips that I have when buying new products for your reptiles include:
  • Zoo Med under tank heater has always been the best under tank heater that I've tried. It gets warmer and lasts longer than any other brand.
  • UV bulbs last longer than the UV tubes. Yes, they are a little more expensive, but they last longer and don't need to be replaced every 4-6 months in order to emit decent UV rays to your reptile.
  • A digital thermometer will always out-read any stick-on thermometer. Again, these may be a little more expensive than the cheap thermometers that just stick to the glass, but they last much longer and they are more accurate. The stick-on thermometers really just measure the air temperatures, which isn't what a terrestrial reptile is feeling. A good digital thermometer will allow you to better monitor your reptile's environment.

Buying reptile books:

When it comes to doing your research, I always recommend that you read everything that you can, which includes online resources as well as tangible books. I have been working with reptiles since 2003, and I've been doing my research since about 2000. I always refer to the internet and to my books when a problem or concern arises.

So, along with the products, I've also included some of my favorite reptile books.

The books that I've included are just some of the reptile books that you can choose from, and you may find that where one book focuses on native wildlife and habitats, another may focus on health and diet in captivity, so sometimes it can be a good idea to have multiple books on the same species.

If you have any questions about what products to buy, just ask, and I'll see what I can do to offer more advice on the purchase of product A or product B.

No comments:

Google