Thursday, June 9, 2011

Getting Prepared for Repticon

I know the Repticon show in Atlanta is still a month away, but I'm trying to prepare now more than ever. I bought two tables, but I still need to find hotel accommodations, which depends on whether I decide to drive up Friday night or Saturday morning.

I have purchased more Solo deli cups today to ensure that I have enough. I don't have too many from the last show. These cups are nicer to use because they are clearer. I generally ship reptiles in the Twin-Pack or Fabri-Cal cups, as they're cheaper. I, also, use these cheaper cups at the Dixie show. They do fine, but since Repticon is a bigger show, I'd rather something a little nicer, and $100 later after buying two sizes of cups and lids, as well as cup liners, I've got what I need.

I am still working on more jewelry, as the jewelry seemed to be a big hit back in January. I even bought a few more displays for earrings and bracelets. I need to get a few decals printed for my beer mugs, and decide if I want to do more cups. I seem to be holding on to the last few that I have from January.

The toys and books are all packed up and ready to go.

Now, all I need to do is get animals ready. I know that I'll have gargoyle geckos and crested geckos there for sale, but I may also buy a group of ball pythons to bring with me, since my geckos are just now starting to hatch in larger numbers.

I'm really hoping that I make a larger profit, especially since I'll be spending more money with two tables instead of just one. But, I figure by spreading out the products and animals a little better, people can better view everything. When the products are all bunched up, it's hard to scan, which means lower sales. If people can't see anything at first glance they may be interested in, they keep walking.

No comments:

Google