Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bamboo Cage Decor



Bamboo makes great cage decor for reptiles, especially arboreal reptiles that like to climb around. Bamboo sticks are perfect for tree boas, rhacs, and even land snakes, as they can make great hides and shelters.

Well, I'm super stoked because while searching the classified ads posted on an internal work classifieds, I found free bamboo!

All we have to do is go chop it down and it's ours for free. The sizes range from small to extremely large.

You know you're a reptile and animal lover when you get uber excited over free bamboo. I have always done really simple caging for my crested geckos, but lately, I've been adding a little bit of corkbark here and a few fake plants there just to mix it up for them. I mean, who wants to explore through nothing but egg cartons and cardboard cup holders for ever.

Anyway, this weekend, my boyfriend and I will be going to chop down bamboo to prepare for reptile cages.

I am super excited. I told him it would be the last piece of my Christmas from him. His time is worth the free bamboo to make our gifts to each other monetarily even.

I feel like such a loser to get so excited about bamboo, but that just means that I won't have to buy more decor for a little while.

No comments:

Google